st: converting SAS file to stata using stat transfer-date and time variables

From   Leny Mathew <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: converting SAS file to stata using stat transfer-date and time variables
Date   Fri, 17 Dec 2010 12:02:23 -0500

Dear Statalisters,

I'm trying to convert a SAS file (V 9.1) with date and time variables
(separate) into stata and I'm using stat transfer (version 8) for
this. During the conversion, the date variable comes across fine, but
all the time variable values are between 0 and 1. stat transfer reads
the SAS file without any problem, it looks fine in the viewer and it
converts into excel without any problem. I didn't have to format the
date variable within stata, so I'm assuming that I don't have to do
any formatting for the time variable either. Has anyone had this issue
before?
 Any comments are much appreciated. I'm using stata 10.1

Thanks,

Leny