Bookmark and Share

Notice: On March 31, it was announced that Statalist is moving from an email list to a forum. The old list will shut down on April 23, and its replacement, is already up and running.

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: st: how to fill some gross wage missings if I have the net wage

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: how to fill some gross wage missings if I have the net wage
Date   Thu, 16 Dec 2010 13:50:17 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Thu, 16/12/10, Laura R. wrote:
> Would -ice- work for panel data aswell and if so, how?

In principle yes. you would need to make sure that the
imputations are done using information from your one
country that has missing nett (or gross I forgot) income,
but than afterwards include all the other countries. I 
guess you'll need to look very carefully at the data-
structure that -ice- is supposed to leave behind, and 
mimic that with the other countries. It is not impossible,
but be prepared to do a lot of reading, coding, 
experimenting, and checking before that works. After that
you can use -mim- (see -findit mim-) which alows panel
data models.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen
Wilhelmstrasse 36
72074 Tuebingen


*   For searches and help try:

© Copyright 1996–2016 StataCorp LP   |   Terms of use   |   Privacy   |   Contact us   |   Site index