Re: st: how to calculate mills ratio after nlogit?

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: how to calculate mills ratio after nlogit?
Date   Wed, 15 Dec 2010 12:57:48 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Wed, 15/12/10, Berkhout, E. wrote:
> i tried to search the archives and the FAQ, but i could not
> find the answer to my question: how can i calculate a mills
> ratio variable after a nested logit?

Sounds like you are trying to manually do a sample selection
correction. It is often easier to use -cmp- instead. Type in
Stata: -findit cmp-. Being easier is of value in itself, but
it also means that you are less likely to make a mistake. That
is a major advantage since the argument underlying these
selection models is rather subtle, so it is very easy to make
a mistake when you try to do them manually.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen