Re: st: regress with vce(robust) and hascons

From   Stas Kolenikov <>
Subject   Re: st: regress with vce(robust) and hascons
Date   Tue, 14 Dec 2010 06:58:52 -0500

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Steven Samuels <> wrote:
> Thanks, Jeff. I suggest that, when the vce(robust) and -hascons- options are
> present, the results contain a remark about the change in the F test.

Which exactly change? You are using a different estimator of a
variance-covariance matrix for the Wald test, so naturally your
results are going to be different. If you specify -vce(robust)-, you
admit that your data are heteroskedastic, and the sums of squares do
not make sense, so F-test is only available as Wald test, not the
sums-of-squares-ratio test. In this sense, it is more akin to chi2
reported with -ml- models.

Stas Kolenikov, also found at