Re: st: Folded F-statistic

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Folded F-statistic
Date   Wed, 8 Dec 2010 13:24:28 -0500

Yes, in -sdtest-. But the F test for equal variances has been discredited for 50 years. It is very sensitive to the required assumption that the data are normally distributed (see the manual for references), and I think that any modern text which promotes the test is irresponsible. Use -robvar- instead, as the manual suggests, and use the W10 or W50 statistic.

Steve
Steven J. Samuels
[email protected]
18 Cantine's Island