Re: st: job opening post here?

Subject   Re: st: job opening post here?
Date   Wed, 8 Dec 2010 09:36:45 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Wed, 8/12/10, Klaus Pforr wrote:
> we have a job opening in our project, and we are spefically
> looking for someone with good stata skills and experience
> with data handling with stata. I would like to ask if I can
> use statalist to post our job advertisement.

I think you are right to be a bit careful, we don't want to be
swamped by irrelevant job offers, but in this case I don't see
a problem. There is a clear reason why people on the statalist
are potential candidates for that position. So, what you
propose sounds like information that is likely to be of
interest to some members of the statalist. There is an implicit
reference in the FAQ to such posts: "Please do not request a
direct personal reply, unless the question refers to information
about (for example) a job or paid consultancy." Finally there
are multiple precedents, it has happened occationally in the
past, for example:

<http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2010-02/msg00740.html>

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis