RE: st: Y standardization in ologit regressions with -mi-

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: Y standardization in ologit regressions with -mi-
Date   Tue, 7 Dec 2010 16:04:50 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Tue, 7/12/10, Daniel Escher wrote me privately:
> I tried your syntax, and I encountered this error message:
>  . scalar `sd_y'=0
>  = invalid name
> r(198);
>
> Do you know how I might fix this?

I am guessing that you ran my example line by line. This example
contains local macros (in this case a name for a scalar created
by -tempname-), and these cease to exist at the end of a session.
A session is for example when you run a (section of a) .do file.
So if you run my example line by line you'll be referring to
stuff that no longer exist, and Stata will return the error that
you reported.

The solution is to run the entire example in one go instead of
running it line by line. Also see:
<http://www.maartenbuis.nl/example_faq/index.html#work>

> Also, I am a recent subscriber to Statalist. What is
> protocol? Should I have sent this email to the whole list?

You should have sent this message to statalist instead.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie