st: Seeking info on CEM cutpoints algorithms - e.g., scott, ff, fd etc.

From   "Ben Hoen" <bhoen@lbl.gov>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Seeking info on CEM cutpoints algorithms - e.g., scott, ff, fd etc.
Date   Tue, 7 Dec 2010 10:42:07 -0500

Statalisters (& Mathew)

I have been unable to find any documentation/descriptions (via Stata help or
online) for the various cutpoint algorithms for CEM in Stata, namely
"scott", "ff", "sturges" & "fd".  Can anyone direct me to more information?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Ben Hoen
bhoen@lbl.gov