st: summing across observations for given id and date

From   Anton Granik <>
Subject   st: summing across observations for given id and date
Date   Sat, 4 Dec 2010 18:03:15 +0100

I have the following panel data set where dates sometimes repeat:

id  date  x1  x2

1   t=1   1    12
1   t=2   1     9
1   t=2   2    11
1   t=5   1     7

I would like to do the following:
1. For every individual (id) I need to add all values of x2
corresponding to the same date, i.e. in the example above I would want
to get rid of lines 2 and 3 and replace them with

id   date   x1  x2
1    t=2     3   20

Any easy way to do that? Thanks in advance.

Anton I. Granik

Anton I. Granik