Re: st: .ado and .plugin

From   Neil Shephard <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: .ado and .plugin
Date   Thu, 2 Dec 2010 15:37:14 +0000

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Cecilia Ann <[email protected]> wrote:
> yes, the ado file defines the programm and the program name and ado file name are same.
> I put them in the ado directory.
>
> But it still does not work.

What directory did you put them in?

Is it listed in the directories that Stata is looking which is shown
by -adopath-

If you've not placed them in one of the directories listed by
-adopath- then Stata will not be able to run your do-file because it
doesn't know where you put it, and why should it, you could have a 2Tb
hard-drive with hundreds of thousands of directories, or even network
drives attached to your computer.  Stata can't possibly be expected to
search through everything to look for where you have saved your own
commands.

Neil

--
"Our civilization would be pitifully immature without the intellectual
revolution led by Darwin" - Motoo Kimura, The Neutral Theory of

Email - [email protected]
Website - http://kimura-no-ip.org/