Re: st: replacing with mean

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: replacing with mean
Date   Thu, 2 Dec 2010 09:40:30 -0500

Fabio Zona: Why do you want to impute the missing data? For all the purposes that I can think of, mean replacement is an approach to avoid. While it reproduces means, it distorts most other properties of the observed and unknown complete data, including standard deviations, correlations, and regression estimates. Consider one of Stata's other imputation programs: -mi- in Stata 11; -mim- or -ice- from SSC.

Steve

Steven J. Samuels
[email protected]
18 Cantine's Island