st: multiple imputation

From   Q X <[email protected]>
To   STATA List <[email protected]>
Subject   st: multiple imputation
Date   Wed, 1 Dec 2010 17:37:19 -0500

Hi there,

I am using  mi in stata to impute missing data for panel data. But STATA gives me the error reminder"This may occur when imputation variables are used as independent variables or when independent variables contain missing values.You can specify option force if you wish to proceed anyway." My code is "mi impute regress loggdp_N x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6,add(20) rseed(5)". Is that because there are missing values in x1~x6 variable list which are used in the regression model to impute?

For this error, I add "force" in the command, but no imputation generated at all.

Can anyone tell me how to deal with this? Thanks.

Cecilia