Re: st: Stata memory problems with 3GB RAM

From   Neil Shephard <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata memory problems with 3GB RAM
Date   Mon, 29 Nov 2010 15:34:07 +0000

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Beatrice Crozza
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have a problem with the memory allocation in Stata.
>
> My laptop has 3GB RAM. I set the virtual memory between 500m and 3GB.
> I use WindowsXp.
>
> When I give the command to Stata:
> set memory 800m
> I receive the error message that there isn't enough memory. Why Stata
> doesn't use the virtual memory?
>
> Is there something that I need to set?

The problem is your Operating System (WinXP) is 32-bit.

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/win/winmemory.html

Neil

--
"Our civilization would be pitifully immature without the intellectual
revolution led by Darwin" - Motoo Kimura, The Neutral Theory of

Email - [email protected]
Website - http://kimura-no-ip.org/