Re: st: xtlogit and clustering

From   Shehzad Ali <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xtlogit and clustering
Date   Sun, 28 Nov 2010 19:37:13 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks, Jeph. I was trying to use a generic example but I realise it wasnt the
best example. So I apologise for this.

Actually, this is a pooled data analysis using two separate trials. The studies
were pretty similar to each other in terms of how they were conducted, who was
recruited and how the outcome was measured. However, I am wondering if the study
identifier should be included as a covariate or as a cluster variable in the
analysis. If later, what would be the best way of doing that in Stata? The third
option is to assume this to be one large study, especially if the study
identifier variable is not significant in the model.

Individuals were measured at multiple timepoints, so the panel variable was
-id-.

Again, apologies for using the wrong example earlier.

Many thanks,
Shehzad