RE: st: Stata always breaks down when we use -nnmatch-

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Stata always breaks down when we use -nnmatch-
Date   Fri, 26 Nov 2010 17:22:58 +0000

This question appears to assume perfect recall of a question from

"Stata Chris" [email protected]

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2010-02/msg00660.html

and of a reply from

Austin Nichols [email protected]

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2010-02/msg00669.html

These posts were several thousand posts ago on 15 February 2010!

Any way, neither of those two persons has any responsibility for the program or for providing support on it.

-nnmatch- counts as a user-written program from SJ and SSC.

David Drukker ([email protected]) is probably the best person to advise. Right now, he is probably enjoying Thanksgiving.

-findit- reveals no public source of program code later than 2004, so whatever bit in February is still likely to bite, on the same computers.

Tara McIndoe Calder

Hi Austin, Chris

Has there been any further progress regarding solving this issue with
nnmatch? I am able to run the estimator on a sub-sample (2,000 observations)
of my dataset (17,000 observations) but above 2000 observations I run into
memory issues, even on high memory computers.

Any advice is most welcome.