RE: st: saving residuals for many regressions

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: saving residuals for many regressions
Date   Fri, 26 Nov 2010 12:02:43 +0000

Rodrigo might find going through an introductory text on Stata useful. There are several suggestions on the StataCorp website, but my personal favourite has to be Larry Hamilton's text, which got me into Stata in the first place.

However, as Rodrigo is using 9.2, if I recall correctly, slightly out-of-date editions will be best for him.

See http://www.stata.com/bookstore/statabooks.html for the present crop.

Maarten buis

--- On Thu, 25/11/10, Rodrigo Briceño wrote:
> I don't know how to save the residuals of each
> regression. In your example my question is which
> command to use to save a table with the 74 residuals
> estimated for each of the 4 regressions.

If you want a display in the form of a table, type
-list rep78 resid-, if you want to export it, use
your favourite way of exporting Stata datasets,
e.g. -outsheet- or -xmlsave-.