st: test change in percent for each ordinal level pre to post

From   Tim Hale <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: test change in percent for each ordinal level pre to post
Date   Thu, 25 Nov 2010 15:15:38 -0600

Hi everyone,

Is there a simple way to test whether there were significant changes within
categories of a pre and post test ordinal level variable? We know that there
was a significant positive change from pre to post, using signrank. The
variable is coded as five ordinal levels:

0 Novice
1 Beginner
2 Intermediate
4 Expert

We would like to be able to indicate whether the changes pre to post test
for each level are significant. For example, were the changes in those who
reported being Advanced at pre test significantly different than at post
test.

Thank you for any suggestions,
Tim