Re: st: Constructing a variable from standard deviations

From   "M.P.J. van Zaal" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Constructing a variable from standard deviations
Date   Tue, 23 Nov 2010 10:41:07 +0100

Hi mr Buis,

Thank you for all your time and good advice.

In the end I went with the solution proposed by Kit and it worked
fine! Ofcourse I will give arguments in my paper why I used this
method.
I think the point you raised about assuming homoscedasticity and then
use the property of non constant variance in the next step
being "awkward" is valid. Thanks for this.

I know now that that my phrasing in my email you quoting was not
accurate. Next I will be more careful :-).

regards and thanks again,

Mathijs