Re: st: Constructing a variable from standard deviations

From   "M.P.J. van Zaal" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Constructing a variable from standard deviations
Date   Mon, 22 Nov 2010 15:38:59 +0100

Ok, I will try your model tonight when I am home.

For now I have some questions:

Do I have to run the regression seperately for all occupations or can
run a
regression with all the dummies?

It seems to me that you use a variable with different categories
instead of
individual dummies. Do you think I should also create such a variable
for my
106 studyfields?

What other adjustments are nessacary  to use your example for my
modelling
purposes?

I really appreciate your help! I am fairly unexperienced with real
statistical research. Can I email you again if i have problems with
your
example?

regards,

Mathijs