Re: st: New package -textpad- on SSC

From   David Elliott <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: New package -textpad- on SSC
Date   Thu, 18 Nov 2010 16:05:37 -0400

Note that if you just want to invoke the editor, you can insert into
your -profile.do- something like:

global F4 winexec "c:\Program Files\TextPad 5\TextPad.exe"';

to map a command macro to the F4 function key and your editor will
always be just a keystroke away.
[ note the terminating semi-colon which ensures the command executes
instead of just writing to the command line!! ]

I'll also put in my intermittent pitch for the NoteTab programmable
text editor which allows complex scripting actions to not only be done
on text, but also interacting with other programs without the use of
AutoIt scripts [ http://www.autoitscript.com/ ] used by some other
text editors.  I have built of library of NoteTab scripts that allow
interaction with Stata and help in writing do/ado files advancing the
work or Ross Odell mentioned in the
[ http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/t/textEditors.html ]
review.  By way of example, the following menu listing gives an idea
of the actions that are supported:

 _____________________
  About this Library...
 ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯