st: RE: RE: effect size in nonlinear regression

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: effect size in nonlinear regression
Date   Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:51:37 +0000

There seems to be some latent LaTeX lingering in your equation, but I guess that your curve shifts will not easily reduce to single numbers. I think you need graphs rather than global measures.

Airey, David C

I appreciate the replies, and sorry for not being clear.

Were I talking about a power analysis for the t-test and effect sizes,
I might talk in terms of Cohen's d, or (mean1 - mean2)/s, because I
have to capture the mean difference and the variation in the groups.

I was looking into power analysis of a 4 parameter log-logistic equation,

f(x) = c + frac{d-c}{1+exp(b(log(x)-log(e)))}

and was wondering about comparable effect size measures between two curves for
a difference in one of the parameters, that also captures the guassian variation around
the curves and the difference in the parameter.