Re: st: "Fixing" all windows (Results, command, review and variables) with Stata 11 for Mac

From   Nils Braakmann <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: "Fixing" all windows (Results, command, review and variables) with Stata 11 for Mac
Date   Mon, 8 Nov 2010 21:22:36 +0000

I switched because I wanted a small laptop (I went with the 13"
MacBook Pro) with enough battery power to write a paper on a
transatlantic flight but with enough computing power to run a few
regressions. Couldn't find that with a Windows PC. So, no religion
involved (and I still use a Windows desktop and another Windows
laptop, so if anything that would be polytheism at its best...).

Apart from that: Phil and Steve, thanks for the input. Maybe I'll give
it a try, I wasn't aware that the command windows comes up
automatically when you have the results window up front and start
typing (and hunting for that window was the biggest pain in the back).
However, I didn't like the floating window concept in Stata 9(?) under
Windows, so thanks for a way to get rid of it just in case, Phil.

Cheers,
Nils