Re: st: Suest after asclogit - continued

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Suest after asclogit - continued
Date   Mon, 8 Nov 2010 08:40:03 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 8/11/10, Pungkas B. Ali wrote:
> I run a McFadden's choice model using -asclogit- command in
> Stata 11. It runs well as expected. I turn to -suest-:
> .suest full reduced  number of score variables does not
> match number of equations in model full r(198)
>
> *---------------- begin example ---------------
> use "http://www.stata-press.com/data/musr/mus15data.dta";, clear
> generate id = _n
> reshape long d p q, i(id) j(fishmode beach pier private charter) string
>
> asclogit d p q, case(id) alternatives(fishmode) casevars(income)  ///
> basealternative(beach) nolog
> estimates store full
> asclogit d p q if fishmode!="private", case(id) ///
> alternatives(fishmode) casevars(income) basealternative(beach)
> estimates store reduced
> suest full reduced
> *-------------------- end example ---------------------

-suest- is a very general program, so it needs to use very
general rules to detect violations: one of these is apparantly
that the number of equations needs to be equal in both models,
which makes sense to me. In the example you gave the first
model had 5 equations and the second model had 4, i.e. you
lost private as an outcome.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis