Re: st: "Best" command to output regression results

From   Neil Shephard <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: "Best" command to output regression results
Date   Wed, 3 Nov 2010 16:15:10 +0000

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Weichle, Thomas <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Statalisters,
> Is there a best command to output regression results (coefficients,
> confidence intervals)?  The -estimates table- command doesn't allow you
> to output confidence intervals; it only allows you to output stars for
> significance levels.  I came across the -estout- command and am trying
> to understand its usage.  If I have saved the logistic regression
> results using -estimates store model1-, can someone provide me an
> example to output the ORs and confidence intervals (both rounded to 2
> decimal places) in the log file?
>
> Eventually, I'd like to take the estimates and put them in a Word
> document.  Does anyone have a suggestion to do so without having to copy
> and paste each estimate into the Word document?

My "best" way is to do this with -estout- (although I never use M$-Word).

There is plenty of discussion on this very topic in the Statalist
archives (see URL in the bottom of Statalist mails for links to
searchable archives).

There was even a thread yesterday which touched on it and included some code.

Neil

--
"Our civilization would be pitifully immature without the intellectual
revolution led by Darwin" - Motoo Kimura, The Neutral Theory of

Email - [email protected]
Website - http://kimura-no-ip.org/