RE: st: RE: repeat same commands over hundreds of files

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: repeat same commands over hundreds of files
Date   Tue, 2 Nov 2010 20:24:46 +0000

I think it's clear in principle that it can work, but absent detail on the structure of your folders and filenames, it is difficult to give concrete guidance.

If the files are all in one directory with a similar naming structure it is easiest.

There is a trade-off between upstream work moving and/or renaming files within the OS to a very simple structure and downstream work looping over folders and/or filenames in Stata. That will depend on your relative fluency in Unix (?) and Stata.

tbrunell

Or should I say, perhaps it can, but I am not sure how.

On Nov 2, 2010, at 3:02 PM, Nick Cox wrote:

> Why not?
>
> "But that doesn't solve my filename and output file problem."

tbrunell