st: gllamm syntax

From   Shubhabrata Mukherjee <[email protected]>
To   stata forum <[email protected]>
Subject   st: gllamm syntax
Date   Mon, 1 Nov 2010 15:14:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

   I am trying to run gllamm for a 3-level nested model (patients nested within
doctors within clinics). I have 4 patient level covariates (gender, age, race
and education) & 1 doctor level covariate (specialty). I am not sure about the
correct syntax for running a random coefficient model. Can anyone take a look
and point me to the right syntax. Here's what I used which is wrong.

***********

gen byte one = 1
eq cons : one
eq gen  : new_gen
eq race : new_race
eq educ : edulvl
eq age  : age1

gllamm zeta1 new_gen age1 edulvl new_race specialty, i(docid clinicid) nrf(1 8)
///
eqs(cons cons new_gen cons new_race cons edulvl cons age1)

*****
I get the following error message:

equation new_gen not found
r(111);

*****

If I want to enter a random effect (intercept and slope) for doctor specialty,
what will be the modification. Also is there a way to make it run faster using
the `nip' command?

 Thanks,

 -Joey