st: changing estimated parameters for new prediction

From   Mike Pesko <>
Subject   st: changing estimated parameters for new prediction
Date   Sun, 31 Oct 2010 18:22:40 -0500

How do I take old coefficients from the first run, apply those to the
data after setting one of the coefficients equal to zero, and
reestimate the model to obtain a new y_hat?

The steps I believe I need to take are something like this:

1) logit dep_var ind_var1 ind_var2 ind_var3
2) predict dep_var_hat
3) (a line here to set the ind_var3 coefficient to zero)?
4) (a line here to run the data through the new parameters, the only
change being the ind_var3 parameter set to zero)?
5) predict dep_var_hat2

Please let me know if you know how to do steps 3 and 4 or if there is
an altogether easier way to do this.

Mike Pesko