AW: AW: st: Testing for differences

From   "Marc Michelsen" <>
To   <>
Subject   AW: AW: st: Testing for differences
Date   Fri, 29 Oct 2010 09:41:01 +0200

Right, that makes totally sense. Accordingly. I would regress each firm characteristic (leverage, profitability) separately. Is this correct?

Thanks for this.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [] Im Auftrag von Maarten buis
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 28. Oktober 2010 17:41
Betreff: Re: AW: st: Testing for differences

--- On Thu, 28/10/10, Marc Michelsen wrote:
> thanks for this. Would that be a multinomial logistic
> regression as the rating outlook has the three values
> "positive, negative, stable"?

No, the rating and the outlook are both explanatory/
The characteristic (whatever that may be) is your
explained/dependent/left-hand-side/y-variable. So
the type of regression depends on the type of
firm characteristic you want to investigate.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen