st: Kountry Program Help (on Mac)

From   Stephen Amrock <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Kountry Program Help (on Mac)
Date   Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:50:01 -0400

Hi,

I'm somewhat new to STATA and installed the "kountry" program to
standardize country codes for a merge. The program correctly runs with
the from(other) option, but I have two issues with the program:

(1) I receive an error message of "invalid 'Support'" when attempting
to use the kountryadd procedure; and
(2) I receive a similar error when attempting to convert between
formats (e.g., iso3n to cown).

I've confirmed that the kounty.dta file is installed and attempted to
remedy the k_others_extra.txt file by manually entering in a series of
replace commands to no avail.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Is this an issue of file
location? If so, where should the .dta and k_others_extra.txt file be
located?

Thanks,
Steve