st: death rate calculation

From   Rajaram Subramanian Potty <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: death rate calculation
Date   Thu, 28 Oct 2010 11:03:20 +0530

Dear All,

I would like to calculate the death rate from a Household Census
conducted in the selected areas of a district. In the household we
have listed information on all the usual members in the household and
the number of usual residents died since January 2006. The census was
carried out in the year 2009. I just want to know how to calculate the
death rate using the stata. Presently, I am calculating the death rate
using excel after obtaining the total usual resident deaths during the
reference period and the total usual resident population (converting
the population enumerated into the person years lived during the
reference period using the population growth in the district).

Thanks and regards,

RAM