st: stable marriage algorithm: implementation

From   Bernardo Melo Pimentel <>
To   Stata list <>
Subject   st: stable marriage algorithm: implementation
Date   Wed, 27 Oct 2010 19:45:54 +0100

Dear Stata list users,
I am looking for an existing implementation of the stable marriage
algorithm (aka Gale-Shapley) in Stata. After contacting Statacorp's
helpdesk however, I was told no such implementation exists in the
Stata itself or on ssc. My questions then are 1) has any stata list
user ever written such a routine and 2) if so, would he/she be
interested in sharing it. I would greatly appreciate it, as my
programing skills at ado and mata level are quite primitive and
non-existent, respectively.

Best wishes,