Re: st: weights

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: weights
Date   Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:36:39 +0100 (BST)

--- On Wed, 27/10/10, Chiara Mussida wrote:
> thanks Maarten, by using sum <snip>  How to get a total sum,
> not only for the householdin the sample, but representative
> for all household (=weight)?

di r(sum)

If you want to store it I would do so in a scalar. A variable
would be inefficient as it usses too much memory and a local
is not so precise. The latter can be important as now you
are dealing with an extremely large number, which is where
precision can become an issue. Generally I would first
create a tempname and use that tempname for the scalar to
avoid any problems due to the fact that scalars and variables
share the same namespace:

tempname sum
scalar `sum' = r(sum)

Hope this helps,