RE: st: How does Stata calculate percentiles?

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   RE: st: How does Stata calculate percentiles?
Date   Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:56:42 +0100

That's hardly the point. Whether you summarize it directly or use it in conjunction with other variables, there is information in the original variable that is lost in reducing it to an indicator.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Grace Jessie

Phil,Nick,
thank you a lot for replies.
-centile- works well.
However, does centile(33) equal to centile 100/3 I want to get?
Nick, thank you for reminder.I keep the variable and just do some statistics for the variable, so no loss of information.

© Copyright 1996–2017 StataCorp LLC   |   Terms of use   |   Privacy   |   Contact us   |   Site index