RE: st: ANOVA Posthocs

From   "Feiveson, Alan H. (JSC-SK311)" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: ANOVA Posthocs
Date   Fri, 22 Oct 2010 15:41:04 -0500

SO this brings to mind the question:

Is it better (more powerful?) (or more correct?) to do 6 separate FDR analyses with 40 genes each using Scheffe or Tukey adjusted p-values for each gene, or one FDR analysis on 240 unadjusted t-test p-values?

Al Feiveson

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Airey, David C
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2010 2:52 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: re: st: ANOVA Posthocs

.

Maybe if you are doing 40*6=240 pairwise comparisons, do you want to consider controlling the false discovery rate? Along these lines, if you are doing oneway ANOVAs, why not use -regress- with the -test- command (http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/stat/test1.html) and -post- to file as you run through the genes and then submit the p-values to one of Roger Newson's packages like -smileplot or -qqvalue-?