st: Venn diagrams

From   Philip Burgess <>
Subject   st: Venn diagrams
Date   Fri, 22 Oct 2010 22:47:13 +1000

I'm trying to graph a Venn diagram using (STB-54)  gr34.3

When I run - venndiag var1 var2 - it produces the tabular output
correctly but crashes altogether when I gues it is trying to graph the

I'm surprised that - findit venn - indicates that gr34.3 (2000) is the
'most' recent ado for Venn diagrams. I could find no reference to such
in Michael Mitchell's (excellent) VGSG.

I wonder whether there is an appropriate ado ora work around. Ideally,
I want to generate areas that are poprtioned to the actual data.

I'm using Stata/SE 11.1 (born 30 Sept 2010)