st: Nostop in do files

From   Katia Bobulova <>
Subject   st: Nostop in do files
Date   Fri, 22 Oct 2010 11:21:05 +0100

Dear all,

I wrote a do file and I am using it with my dataset. For some
observation I cannot reach a result, but to me it is fine and I would
like to have the results for the other observations.

However, the do file stops for those observations for which is not
possible to have a result.

I would like to avoid this and using the nostop option.

I found a similar question to Statalist and I followed the solution suggested.

this is what I did:

 My Computer -> View -> Folder Options -> File Types -> edit > Stata
do file ->> edit  -> then change the "Application used to
> perform action:" to> "C:\Program Files\Stata10\wstata.exe" doedit %1,nostop"

but it doesn't work.

Could you please help me to understand what I did wrong?

Thank you