st: RE: Generation of three uniform random variables that sum to one

From   Fabien Bertho <fabien.bertho@sciences-po.org>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: RE: Generation of three uniform random variables that sum to one
Date   Thu, 21 Oct 2010 16:16:00 +0200 (CEST)

Thank you for this.

Actually, I would like that the three random variables have an uniform distribution too. If their distributions were uniform, means would be .5 and standard deviations .28

But, with the formula you suggest means = .33 and standard deviations = .16

What do you think? What can I do?

Fabien

Tous les courriers électroniques émis depuis la messagerie
de Sciences Po doivent respecter des conditions d'usages.
Pour les consulter rendez-vous sur
http://www.ressources-numeriques.sciences-po.fr/confidentialite_courriel.htm