st: The syntax for extract HES data

From   helen bian <helenbian06@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: The syntax for extract HES data
Date   Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:36:20 +0100

Dear all,

We received Hospital Episode Statistics from IC in 4 text files for
each year. We used "insheet vars list using et228607ip'num'.txt,
delimiter("|")" to extract the 4 text files.  But many patient records
are often missed out in the process of reading data to Stata. I am
wondering if anyone has written a dictionary sytax in stata to extract
the 2007/08 Hospital Episode Statistics in text file and would like to
share with me, or could point to me the possible problems with this
error.

Many thanks in advance,

Best wishes,

Helen