st: The syntax for extract HES data

From   helen bian <>
Subject   st: The syntax for extract HES data
Date   Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:36:20 +0100

Dear all,

We received Hospital Episode Statistics from IC in 4 text files for
each year. We used "insheet vars list using et228607ip'num'.txt,
delimiter("|")" to extract the 4 text files.  But many patient records
are often missed out in the process of reading data to Stata. I am
wondering if anyone has written a dictionary sytax in stata to extract
the 2007/08 Hospital Episode Statistics in text file and would like to
share with me, or could point to me the possible problems with this

Many thanks in advance,

Best wishes,