st: Delta of two time variables (%tc) in minutes

From   Kaspar Dardas <kaspar.dardas@students.ebs.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Delta of two time variables (%tc) in minutes
Date   Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:17:33 +0200

Hey Statlisters,

a quick question on the delta units of two time variables stored in
%tc format. How do I get the delta of
publishtime - local_time in minutes elapsed (not HH:MM etc... but
simply in minutes as numbers)?
At first sight this seems pretty simple (I am sure it is for the most
of you) but I cant get it right and the time and date help section in
the manual drives me virtually crazy.

publishtime	          local_time
19jun2007 12:20:00	19jun2007 12:11:00

Cheers,