st: Re: standardized betas in Prais-Winsten Regression

From   Christopher Baum <>
Subject   st: Re: standardized betas in Prais-Winsten Regression
Date   Wed, 20 Oct 2010 09:15:34 -0400

On Oct 20, 2010, at 2:33 AM, Lisa wrote:

> I am trying to compute the standardized betas for a Prais-Winsten Regression. I know that I can add the option "beta" in an OLS. When I add the option in a Prais-Winsten Regression, I don't get an error message, but the coefficients don't change. Can anyone please help me?

beta coefficients are just regression coefficients from z(y) = z(X)beta + e. Apply the z-transform to LHS and RHS variables and estimate the model. Ben Jann's -center- on SSC Is an easy way to do the standardization.

                              An Introduction to Stata Programming  |