st: bad update? can't set level for weighted tabs

From   Graham Wright <gwwri@brandeis.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: bad update? can't set level for weighted tabs
Date   Tue, 19 Oct 2010 16:29:24 -0400

First off, we're in version 11.1

So we all admit that this is valid syntax

svyset [pweight=wt3]
svy: tab vara varb, ci level(80)

right?

It does a weighted tab of two vars and gives you confidence intervals, but at the 80% level instead of 95. I've used code like this all the time because we did a study where we reported everything at 80% cis for random reasons.

This syntax works on my computer, and on MOST of my coworker's computer, but for one of us, it doesn't work...it used to, but it doesn't now. It generates an error message "option level() not allowed." The strange thing is that he has multiple version of stata (one on his work computer and one on his laptop) and it dosen't work on EITHER of them, but works on mine, and another 2 coworkers' computers. The only thing that I can think of that's different about him is that he has actually updated, and is running the sept 30th update, whereas the rest of us are lazy and haven't updated since July. Now I'm scared to update, since I don't want this to start happening to me, and I don't know if it's possible to un-update.

fun stuff:
-this only dosen't work on weighted tabs, the following code: "svy:reg vara varb, level(80)" works fine -if you type svy: tab vara varb, ci l(80) you get the same message (option level() not found) so stata recognizes the command, just doesn't think it's a valid option for tab.

So my question is

1) does anyone else have this problem?
2) does this seem to be due to a buggy update?
3) If so, a) can someone tell stata about this? b) is there a way to rollback updated to a previous version?

-G