st: Modern Modeling Methods Conference--- May 25-26, 2011

From   "Mccoach, D. Betsy" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Modern Modeling Methods Conference--- May 25-26, 2011
Date   Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:29:17 -0400

I thought that the conference described below might be of interest to some members of the listserv. We are currently seeking presentations--- Proposals are due November 15th.

Modern Modeling Methods Conference
May 25-26, 2011
University of Connecticut

The Modern Modeling Methods (M3) conference is an interdisciplinary conference designed to showcase the latest modeling methods and to present research related to these methodologies. Invited keynote speakers include Joshua Angrist, Kenneth Bollen, David Kenny and Stephen Raudenbush.

Call for Papers- Proposals due November 15, 2010
The Modern Modeling Methods Conference (M3) will be held at the University of Connecticut on May 25-26, 2011. We are currently soliciting both methodological research papers and papers that illustrate methodological techniques in the area of modeling, broadly defined.  Papers related to multilevel modeling, structural equation modeling, mixture modeling, and longitudinal modeling are especially encouraged.  The deadline for submissions is November 15, 2010.  Methodological research proposals should be no longer than 2000 words and should include purpose, background, methods, results, discussion, and significance.  Methodological illustration papers should be no longer than 2000 words and should include a description of the methodology to be illustrated as well as an outline of the paper/talk.
For more information about the conference, or to submit a proposal, go to www.modeling.uconn.edu . If you have questions, please email D. Betsy McCoach at [email protected] .

D. Betsy McCoach, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Measurement, Evaluation, and Assessment Program
Educational Psychology Department
University of Connecticut
249 Glenbrook Road, Unit 2064
Storrs, CT 06269-2064