st: ordering of categories when cross-tabulating

From   "Vitorino, Maria Ana" <>
Subject   st: ordering of categories when cross-tabulating
Date   Tue, 19 Oct 2010 11:51:18 +0000

Dear Statalist users,

I'm trying to produce a simple cross-tabulation table with gender on the rows and how important people think a program X is on the columns.
The categories for the columns are " Very important", "Somewhat important", "Not Important"

Is there a way I can guarantee that the order in which the column categories are displayed are (from left to right) " Very important", "Somewhat important", "Not Important".
Stata usually orders them alphabetically but I'm interested in a specific ordering.

Can this be done?