st: RE: RE: ineqdeco update problem

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: ineqdeco update problem
Date   Mon, 18 Oct 2010 17:43:34 +0100

That's quite right, sorry, about -ineqdec0-, which certainly does exist.

Nick Cox

. ssc inst ineqdeco, replace

worked for me.

. findit ineqdeco

never installs anything. At most it tells you about stuff that exists.

At one point here, you refer to -ineqdec0- (end character "0", zero), which certainly does not exist.

Gisella Young

I am having a problem with updating ineqdeco (a ssc install command, I believe user-written). When I try to use this to do an inequality decomposition, it gives an error message, no observations. From reading the Statalist archive, I have figured out that the problem is that this is an old version of the programme  even though I only installed it today, apparently the one that installs if you just say findit ineqdeco is the outdated version. So I need to update it by typing -ssc install ineqdec0, replace-, but when I do this I get the following error message:

. ssc install ineqdeco, replace
server refused to send file either
  1)  is not a valid URL, or
  2)  could not be contacted, or
  3)  is not a Stata download site (has no stata.toc file).

current site is still

So I can install it (although the old version) but not update it. I am using STATA/IC 11.0