st: re: error info from "xtivreg2, fe"

From   Christopher Baum <>
To   <>
Subject   st: re: error info from "xtivreg2, fe"
Date   Sun, 17 Oct 2010 09:35:59 -0400

Jing said

I am using "xtivreg2, fe" to estimate my panel data-models, which include endogenous variables and instrument variables. but the command failed to provide results but shows " i() required". Could you tell me what this information is about and how to solve this problem?

Like almost all -xt- commands, you must -xtset- or -tsset- your panel data to let Stata know what the -i- (panel var) and -t- (time var) are. This is a better solution than using i(panelvar) on every -xt- command.

                              An Introduction to Stata Programming  |