st: Conditional gap time (from previous event) Cox model

From   Tracy Smith-Carrier <tracy.smithcarrier@sympatico.ca>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Conditional gap time (from previous event) Cox model
Date   Sat, 16 Oct 2010 13:18:06 +0000

I am using STATA’s webpage on multiple failure data – conditional risk set model for ordered events (time from previous event). Is it necessary to have all of my subjects off the event at time 0? I have records for data that start on an event at the beginning and go on and off afterwards. If it is necessary to have them off in order to see how they go on, how do I use the origin() or after() commands to request STATA to disregard their first event and start their exposure when the subjects are off the event (I want to see how they go on an event)? Thank you.