st: gllamm and mim output for multi-level model

From   Christian Villenas <>
Subject   st: gllamm and mim output for multi-level model
Date   Fri, 15 Oct 2010 13:57:06 -0400

I am working on a project that uses both gllamm and mim commands. When
running my models, I notice that the level 1 and 2
variance/covariances, as well as random effects are missing from the
output. Instead I get coefficients for the level 2 identifier and
random effects. What do those coefficients mean, and can I use them to
obtain the variance/covariance as per the gllamm output without the
mim command?

Christian Villenas, M.S., M.A.
PhD Candidate
Department of Sociology