RE: st: NRC rankings

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <Peter.Lachenbruch@oregonstate.edu>
Subject   RE: st: NRC rankings
Date   Thu, 14 Oct 2010 08:18:48 -0700

This is missing the Biostatistics program at UCLA, although it has Statistics.  I suspect this is the case for many programs.  Marcello's email may cover this.

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: 541-737-3832
FAX: 541-737-4001

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 4:12 AM
To: 'statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu'
Subject: RE: st: NRC rankings

Without many universities outside the United States, there is an even less complete picture of the biostat world....

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Stas Kolenikov

use http://web.missouri.edu/~kolenikovs/stata/NRC-2010-StatRankings.dta , clear

These rankings are even weirder than the econ rankings. There are
some, but very few, biostat programs mentioned; however I could not
find biostat among any other disciplines. Without Harvard or UNC
Chapel Hill or Michigan Ann Arbor, one cannot have a complete picture
of the biostat world. Neither the departments of mathematics that
grant Ph.D.s in statistics are mentioned. And if there are any
epidemiology or public health departments that publish and grant
Ph.D.s in biostatistics, they are obviously omitted, as well.