st: Beginner questions re saving/storing/exporting graphs in Windows

From   "Benhoen2" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Beginner questions re saving/storing/exporting graphs in Windows
Date   Thu, 14 Oct 2010 00:10:08 -0400

I need a quick primer on how to get multiple graphs from the graph window
into a file that then I can save for later, send to others.  I once again
put my faith in the Stata online community will get me started down the
right path.  (FYI I spent the last hour or so trying to understand how to
use graph export and epstopdf, and seem to have gotten more confused than
anything.)

I will create 20 or so graphs in my .do file and want to find the most
elegant way to get them from the graph window to one file, which I can send
out.  I had assumed I would use a  MS Word or PDF file to receive the output
but if other options are readily available please suggest.

I had envisioned being able to export to a file, in the same way one exports
output to a log.  Once all of the graphs have been exported (the .do file is
complete) the file would be ready to send.  The key here is that one file
would contain multiple graphs and that the process would be automated from
within the .do file.

I am running Stata SE 11.1 on Windows 7 64 bit box.

Any advice on how I might get started?  Is this even possible?

Thanks,

Ben