Re: st: gologit2 model

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: gologit2 model
Date   Wed, 13 Oct 2010 18:14:53 +0100 (BST)

--- On Wed, 13/10/10, Nilam Prasai wrote:
> I am trying to estimate a generalized ordinal logistic
> model by using gologit2 program in stata. I have approximately 40
> observations for which predicted probability is negative. Should I be
> concernde. My sample size is 115.

Sounds like too many negative predictions to me. Rich Williams, the
author of -gologit2-, maintains an FAQ which has an entry on negative
predicted probabilities and a possible solution:

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen